InterCasino promotes responsible gaming and seeks to provide a secure and responsible online gaming environment through compliance with industry best practice.
How to gamble responsibly
InterCasino’s intention is to ensure everyone who gambles with us does it for the right reason - to have fun. However we are aware that a small number might find that gambling has assumed too large a role in their life.
InterCasino can help in ensuring that game play is kept to a level that is manageable by:
- Our new software now allows you to customize your own session limit settings. Here you can view your current weekly limit, and also modify your weekly threshold. If you wish to change your limit, simply enter your desired amount (or if you would like to use the maximum weekly amount possible, tick the "Use Maximum Limit" box to set the amount to the default value), and then hit the OK button. Your new weekly session limit will now be set.
- Setting a time limit on each of your gaming sessions is now possible, simply enter the maximum time that you wish to play for and this time limit will appear underneath the InterCasino logo within the lobby.
- Allowing players to set their own Credit Card deposit limits – email Support@InterCasino.com
- You can either temporarily exclude yourself from playing for a period of time or close your account down completely by simply filling in the online form or contacting us by telephone.
In addition, we offer advice below to keep your playing habits in touch:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a genuine way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Using the Clock on your computer is a good way to keep track of the time you have played
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount of money you spend gambling
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you ever lose time from work or education due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer "yes" to a number of the questions above. If you would like to seek professional advice, please click on one of the following links:
InterCasino does not allow anybody under the age of 18 to play on our sites. In order to ensure that minors do not play, we are required to obtain the name, address, sex and age of all our customers. We also ensure that all advertising, sponsorship and promotional activity is not targeted at those under the age of 18.
Here are some easy steps to help you prevent minors from logging on and gambling without your knowledge:
- Block gaming sites from under 18s by using child protection software
- Do not leave children unattended when you are playing on our software
- Do not make your credit card or bank account details accessible to minors
- Do not leave the "Save Password" option enabled on the gaming software login screens
- Create separate profiles for your children on computers, so that when they log in they cannot access your information
If you know someone under the age of 18 who is registered with us, please contact us immediately.